Arctic Economic Council
The Arctic Economic Council (AEC) is an independent organization that facilitates Arctic business-to-business activities and responsible economic development through the sharing of best practices, technological solutions, standards, and other information. The AEC’s creation was facilitated by the Arctic Council in 2014.
The AEC has two full-time employees. The AEC office is in charge of the daily operations of the organization. It performs administrative service to the AEC, conducts and coordinates functions (both internal and external), and arranges meetings/conferences and other related activities. In addition, the AEC office is highly involved in outreach work, manages the organization’s communications efforts, and serves as a link to and between the organization’s members.
The AEC is seeking a director to the AEC office. The director executes the AEC strategy in collaboration with the AEC Executive Committee and is responsible of achieving the annual strategic goals as part of the organization’s strategic plan.
Under the direction of the Chair of the Arctic Economic Council and the Executive Committee, the director coordinates the work of the AEC. As director, you will report to the Executive Committee by its Chair and you will be responsible for the overall management and administration of the AEC’s activities, including finance, administration, communications and outreach.
The AEC office is located in Tromsø, Norway, where the director is expected to live. You will be required to travel throughout the Arctic region and elsewhere as appropriate.
- Lead and manage the AEC’s day-to-day work
- Prepare and implement a work plan for the AEC; report on activities
- Manage the AEC’s outreach and communications efforts
- The director is responsible for all economic activities of the AEC office, and reports to the Chairman of the AEC and the Executive Committee.
Ideal qualifications for this position include
- Substantial knowledge of the Arctic region with a network of contacts in the region.
- A firm knowledge of the business environment and the economic scene of the Arctic.
- An advanced university degree in a relavant field or a combination of proven qualifications and experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in management relevant to the position of director.
- Demonstrated experience in financial administration, including the preparation of budgets and the management of expenditures.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and implementation.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Ability to communicate in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language, including knowledge of administrative practice in Norway will be an advantage, working knowledge of other Arctic language(s) is an additional advantage.
- Ability to function well under pressure and within time limits.
- Ability to cooperate and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work with different organizations, cultures and stakeholders to meet AEC’s goals.
Would you like to apply?
Applicants with the right profile are encouraged to register their CV with a letter of interest at Personalhuset.no
We are on the lookout for the right person to join us as soon as possible.
For more information about the position, please contact
Kjersti Djupvik, Senior Adviser at Personalhuset (email@example.com)
Erling Kvadsheim, AEC Vice Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The deadline for applications is October 18, 2020
We look forward to receiving your application!
Personalhuset uses a straightforward and user-friendly recruitment management system.
By adding your CV or LinkedIn-profile, you will be able to apply for this position in only a few minutes.
Tromsø is a vibrant and international city in northern Norway with around 70,000 inhabitants. In addition to offering a large variety of restaurants, bars, cafes, and cultural events, the city is a great starting point for outdoor activities, whether you prefer hiking, fishing, hunting, or skiing. Find out more about Tromsø here: https://www.visittromso.no