The AEC is seeking an adviser/senior adviser to the AEC office in Tromsø, Norway. You will work in close cooperation with the AEC director and gain a good insight into Arctic cooperation from business perspective. We are looking for a flexible and effective team member with an international mind set to contribute to the running of the AEC office and the overall work of the AEC.
Role and responsibilities:
- Meeting preparations, participation and follow up of both AEC’s internal meetings and open events
- Coordinate and facilitate cooperation with AEC Working Groups
- Participate and assist in AEC’s outreach efforts, assist with reports and documents
- Work with communication through our website and social media
As the Arctic Economic Council is a small team, the adviser/senior adviser will also be asked to assist with other tasks as needed.
Key competences and personal skills:
Ideal qualifications for this position include
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in administration, economics, communications, or a related field
- Excellent language skills in English
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in working with communication, both strategically and in practice
- Experience in project management and event organization
- Proactive working attitude and ability to manage time effectively
- Eagerness to work in an international environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexible and able to work independently
- Knowledge about Arctic issues or international business is an advantage
- Work-level use of Norwegian is an advantage
Director Anu Fredrikson anu(a)arcticeconomiccouncil.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Tromsø is a vibrant and international city in northern Norway with around 70,000 inhabitants. In addition to offering a large variety of restaurants, bars, cafes, and cultural events, the city is a great starting point for outdoor activities, whether you prefer hiking, fishing, hunting, or skiing. Find out more about Tromsø here: https://www.visittromso.no