The Arctic Economic Council (AEC) is seeking an adviser in a temporary position for our office in Tromsø, from April 1 to December 31, 2021. You will work in close cooperation with the AEC director and gain a deeper insight into Arctic cooperation from a business perspective. We are looking for a flexible and effective team member with an international mindset to contribute to the running of the AEC office and the overall work of the AEC.
Role and responsibilities:
The adviser coordinates, plans, and follows up the work of the AEC office, thus assisting the director, the working groups and the executive committee. The adviser plays a key role in the daily operations of the AEC office and supports the overall work of the AEC by:
- Coordinating and facilitating cooperation with AEC Working Groups
- Preparing meetings, participation and following up on both internal AEC meetings and open events
- Participating and assisting in AEC’s outreach efforts. Assisting with reports, press releases and fundraising applications
- Working with communication through our website and social media
The AEC is a small team and your task will therefore cover all aspects of the responsibilities of the office. If the world health situation allows it, the job will also include international travel.
Key competences and personal skills:
Ideal qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in administration, economics, communications, or a related fields
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent language skills in English – it is an added benefit if you know any of the other languages used in the Arctic
- Work-level use of Norwegian
- Experience in working with communication, both strategically and in practice
- Experience in project management and event planning
- Proactive attitude to work
- Effective time management
- Eagerness to work in an international environment
- Flexibility and ability to work independently
- Knowledge about Arctic issues or international business is an advantage
We are on the lookout for the right person to join our team in Tromsø. We are looking at the applications and will hold interviews on a running basis.
The final deadline for applicants is on February 12th 2021.
The Arctic Economic Council (AEC) is an independent multinational organization that facilitates Arctic b-2-b activities and responsible economic development through the sharing of best practices and policy advocacy, and by uniting companies and indigenous organisations from across the Arctic. The AEC has two full-time employees in its office in downtown Tromsø, Norway. Our adviser is going on maternity leave and we are therefore searching for the right person to join us in a temporary position for nine months.
The AEC was created by the Arctic Council during the 2013-2015 Canadian chairmanship. Its office was established in Tromsø in 2015. The office runs the organization’s day-to-day operations, is highly involved in outreach work, manages the organization’s communications efforts, and serves as a link to and between the organization’s members. In 2021, the chairmanship for the AEC will change from Iceland to Russia.
Please send your application, including a cover letter and a CV, to email@example.com (PDF only, please).
For more information about the position, please contact:
The deadline for applications is February 12, 2021.
We look forward to receiving your application!